IT Services will be providing PTS instructors access to the @bcit.ca web email environment on August 21, 2019. This means all PTS employees will have an email inbox in the mail.bcit.ca employee email system. The Outlook Webmail system has many features that aren’t available in myBCIT, such as a fully searchable employee directory, the ability to create your own distribution lists for workgroups, etc., and access to staff-only meeting rooms that can be booked when needed (not to be used to host classes or as workspace).
I am a PTS instructor, what will be different?
- To access your @bcit.ca email using a web browser navigate to mail.bcit.ca and sign in with your BCIT ID (A0…) and password.
- Your new email address will begin with the same prefix as your @my.bcit.ca email without the ‘my.’ (e.g., email@example.com => firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Any communication using your @bcit.ca address will be delivered to your employee inbox at mail.bcit.ca.
- You will still have access to your @my.bcit.ca email account. If you prefer to access all your BCIT email in one account, we suggest that you set-up your myBCIT email to automatically forward messages to your @bcit.ca address.
What is the difference between @bcit.ca and @my.bcit.ca email?
- This is the main employee email system, accessed at mail.bcit.ca
- Students do not have accounts in this system.
- You can be found by other employees in the user directory, and can easily find and communicate with other BCIT employees.
- For new faculty, this account will be created once payroll has processed your first contract. For returning faculty, your account will be created automatically from your existing myBCIT address.
- This account is yours to use even if you do not have a contract for a couple of terms. However, the email will be removed if you are not issued a contract dated within one year from the end date of the last course taught.
- This is the main student email system accessed at my.bcit.ca.
- It is the official BCIT email system used to communicate with students.
- All employees with an @bcit.ca account also have an @my.bcit.ca account.
- Access to this system is granted when a PTS contract is issued.
Who can I contact with problems or feedback
Please contact the Technology Service desk at 604-412-7444, option 1 or email@example.com if you have any questions regarding this change.
BCIT IT Services